About ELearning & Open education
SBCTC eLearning & Open Education works across our system to provide accessible, affordable and innovative digital learning options for students.
Our core competencies include –
- Managing procurement and facilitating implementation of core eLearning tools shared throughout the system;
- Promoting adoption, dissemination, sharing and effective teaching practices in Open Education;
- Providing professional development courses, events and opportunities for faculty;
- Creating, systems, policies and practices for sharing courses and programs throughout our system;
- Managing a comprehensive etutoring service for system colleges;
- Providing project management support for system-wide eLearning initiatives;
- Identifying and promoting innovative strategies in eLearning & Open Education;
- Pursuing and managing system-wide grants and contracts to foster innovation in eLearning & Open Education;
- Reporting data about eLearning and student success;
Our signature approach is a commitment to create accessibility, economy and innovation by building an ecosystem of shared resources and practices – system-wide tools, shared courses and programs and open courseware. This strategy is guided by the Strategic Technology Plan For Washington State Community and Technical Colleges and its overriding mandate to “mobilize technology to increase student success”. Each element of our practice contributes toward creating a culture of resource sharing with the goal of making cost-effective, innovative lifelong education available to every student in the state, anytime, anywhere.
Here you can find specific information on how SBCTC eLearning and Open Education supports system mission and planning initiatives.
Content on the SBCTC eLearning site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License