- Analyze and identify problems with data transmission between college accounting system
and state accounting system:
- Create and maintain complex reconciliation between the CTC account system (FMS & PeopleSoft) and state accounting system (AFRS).
- Assist the functional analysts in improving crosswalks between PeopleSoft and AFRS.
- Review data for compliance with Office of Financial Management (OFM) accounting policies.
- Identify and interpret accounting errors in Financial Management System (FMS & PeopleSoft) and Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS).
- Monitor state treasury cash activity and system financial data on a monthly basis to determine variances and errors.
- Reconcile community and technical college system payroll account with AFRS.
- Input documents processed by the state treasurer into Access database.
- Analyze In-process reports and prepare accounting entries to correct discrepancies.
- Maintain college accounting monthly and year-end monitoring system (SMART).
- Upload AFRS data into SMART.
- Annual reconciliation and compilation of college expenditures to produce the Comparative Expenditure Data and post to the agency website for college use.
- Assist with agency fiscal year-end accounting, closing and reporting processes.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Three years of professional accounting, budgeting, and/or auditing experience. College
level education in accounting or related field can substitute for experience on a
one year of experience is equivalent to two years of education;
One year as a Fiscal Analyst 2 or equivalent.
- Experience with the Washington State accounting system - Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS).
This is a full-time, classified position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. The salary for this position is based on the Non-Represented General Service Salary Schedule.
Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Classified Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to Associate Director for Accounting & Reporting.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement;
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications;
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line. Suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
After you submit your application packet, you will receive a confirmation email and a request to complete and return the following forms:
- Affirmative Action Profile (voluntary) – Kept separate from your application packet and used to prepare the agency's annual affirmative action report.
- Employment Reference Release – References are typically contacted after interviews.
Do not include the Affirmative Action Profile or Employment Reference Release in your application packet. If you do not receive an email including these forms after you submit your application, please send a message to email@example.com.
Submitted applications become the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Contact the Human Resource Office at 360-704-4301 or visit the HR web page.
Last Modified: 3/2/17 1:51 PM