Skip to content
Smiling nursing students

Becoming a Student

Find Yourself Here

Whatever you're interested in doing — whether transferring to a university, training for a career or getting the basics — Washington state community and technical colleges have classes, programs and majors for you. 

How do I register?

SBCTC is the state agency for the state's 34 community and technical colleges. Each college has a different process for new students to sign up for classes. To enroll, visit the website for the college of your choice and follow its steps to enroll.

What next?

  • Already know which college you want to attend? Find it at Explore Our Colleges and get started.
  • Need more information?  You're on the right page to start exploring.

Each student's case will vary, but you may need to take one or more steps —  admissions, financial aid,  placement test, advising, transcript evaluation  — to register for classes at the community or technical college of your choice.

Our doors are open. Find out how we can help

Search for a Washington community or technical college based on location and programs of study.

Learn how to earn a GED® or get your GED® transcripts.

Student clubs and activities, music and theater, honor society, community service, athletics, leadership and more. Get involved in student life.

Page Manager:
Last Modified: 3/3/17 12:29 PM