BEdA Technical Assistance & Program Review
The SBCTC office of Basic Education for Adults “desk monitors” electronic records of its basic skills providers each quarter and conducts on-site program reviews as needed. Monitoring is required by Title II of the Workforce Investment Act (Public Law 105-220, Sections 212 and 224) and by the National Reporting System (NRS) for Adult Education (34 CFR Part 462).
Technical Assistance and Program Review visits
Visits ensure compliance with federal laws, rules and regulations and verify that adult education providers continuously improve program effectiveness.
- Compliance measures:
- Processes and procedures for administering standardized CASAS assessments
- Collecting and reporting quality enrollment, attendance, assessment and outcome data
- Incorporating required programming components and learning standards
- Program Improvement examines student achievement, based on student:
- Educational gains and outcomes
- Progress toward reaching at least the “tipping point” for post-secondary education
- Economic self-sufficiency
For more information
Contact Scott Toscano, Basic Education for Adults program specialist, 360-704-4331.
Page Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Reviewed/Updated: May 04, 2015, 5:09 PM