Get help downloading files.
SBCTC eLearning will deploy new, system-wide teaching and learning tools only when we can:
- Determine new tools and services with ELC, IC and WACTC.
- Run RFPs with diverse system groups.
- Fund the new tool / service centrally – so all colleges, students, and faculty have access.
- Provide faculty and staff professional development on the new tool or service.
- Integrate the tool or service with existing WAOL-provided tools or services.
- Allow for local college branding and limited administrative control.
WAOL provides for all Washington Community and Technical colleges access to centrally hosted, locally controlled cloud based tools and services, including learning management system (currently moving from Blackboard ANGEL to Instructure Canvas), lecture capture (Tegrity), and web conferencing (Blackboard Collaborate). WAOL provides 24/7 tech support for faculty members and students and rich and varied professional development opportunities for college faculty and staff members.
WashingtonOnline Help Desk
SBCTC eLearning offers help desk services for user and administrator support for colleges using WAOL Canvas. Contact the Help Desk at 1-888-580-9011 or visit the Washington Online Help Desk.
Shared Courses and Pooled Enrollment System
WAOL provides a means for colleges to share
online courses and enrollment.
- Colleges with extra seats in online courses can make those spaces available to students at other colleges.
- Colleges expand the breadth of online courses available to their students by adopting and offering classes taught by other colleges in their quarterly schedule.
- Colleges have developed almost 300 online courses that they have offered to other colleges.
- Benefits: Students get the courses they need; the teaching college runs a fully enrolled course; the enrolling college collects FTE and tuition money; the enrolling college pays teaching college an instructional fee to offset teaching costs.
- Participating colleges choose which courses to list in their own schedules.
- Showcase your college’s online degree and certificate programs.
- Advertise completely online courses or programs with free rotating ads.
Tegrity is a cloud-based lecture capture service that Washington community and technical colleges can use to automatically capture every class or lecture – on or off-campus – for later review by every student, anytime, anywhere. The SBCTC contract allows unlimited use of Tegrity by anyone associated with our colleges.
For free professional development, support, and tutorials, please visit Tegrity Training Series page
SBCTC eLearning funds unlimited use of Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing system
Question Point: a 24/7 Virtual Library Reference
SBCTC eLearning partners with the Washington State Library to fund all system college libraries who participate in Question Point, a global reference-librarian consortium.
Western eTutoring Consortium
For information contact Sara Bergfeld, Manager, Western eTutoring Consortium,
SBCTC eLearning manages the Western eTutoring Consortium and funds all system colleges who participate in it. Free tutoring for students is available in the following subjects:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits and Digital Systems only)
- Intro to Psychology
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development
Participating Washington Community and Technical Colleges
- Bellevue College
- Big Bend Community College
- Cascadia Community College
- Centralia College
- Clark College
- Clover Park Technical College
- Columbia Basin College
- Edmonds Community College
- Everett Community College
- Grays Harbor College
- Lower Columbia College
- North Seattle College
- Olympic College
- Peninsula College
- Pierce College
- Renton Technical College
- Seattle Central College
- Shoreline Community College
- Skagit Valley College
- South Puget Sound Community College
- South Seattle College
- Spokane Falls Community College
- Spokane Community College
- Tacoma Community College
- Wenatchee Valley College
- Whatcom Community College
- Yakima Valley Community College
Other Participating Colleges
- Boise State University
- California State University East Bay
- Chemeketa Community College
- College of the Desert
- Eastern Oregon University (EOU)
- Eastern Washington University
- Klamath Community College
- Linfield College
- MiraCosta College
- Mt. Hood Community College
- Portland Community College
- Rogue Community College
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Wyoming
- Utah State University
- Washington State University
- Weber State University
Top of page
Content on the SBCTC eLearning site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
Page Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Reviewed/Updated: April 28, 2014, 11:55 AM