High School Graduates Seeking Permanent Residency

Go to Waivers homepage

Residency Classification

This residency classification is available for qualifying high school graduates seeking permanent residency.


High school graduates meeting the residency requirements and who provide the college with an affidavit indicating they will apply for permanent residency shall be coded as residents.  Colleges shall charge them resident tuition rates.

Residency requirements:    Student completed their full senior year at a Washington high school and lived in Washington for three years immediately prior to receiving their high school diploma or equivalent and continues to live in Washington until admitted to college. 

Statutory Authority

RCW 28B.15.012(2)(e) – Classification as resident or nonresident students – definitions.


Go to Waivers homepage

Top of page

Page Manager: asavin@sbctc.edu
Page Reviewed/Updated: September 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

The Content box should not go past this line >>

WA State Board for Community and Technical Colleges  |  Open 8 AM - 5 PM, Mon-Fri  |  Phone: 360-704-4400  |  Fax: 360-704-4415

PO Box 42495  1300 Quince Street SE  Olympia, WA 98504-2495  |  Get Directions  |  Contact Web Master