What is ctcLink?
ctcLink is the implementation of a single, centralized system of online functions to give students, faculty and staff anytime, anywhere access to a modern, efficient way of doing their college business. But, it's about much more than new software. As the current 30-year-old administrative system is replaced, colleges will also align their core business processes with the delivered software solution, making for streamlined, standardized practices across the 34-college system.
Follow the ctcLink blog, CONNECT, for the latest news and information about the ctcLink project.
- FirstLink Colleges' Go-Live! FirstLink colleges (Spokane and Tacoma) are set to switch over to ctcLink the week of August 24th. Initially, they will have select subject matter experts log into the new system, perform some tasks and get comfortable with the new PeopleSoft software. They will slowly bring other staff onto the new system as well as students. Each college has its own schedule for the rollout of ctcLink to students and staff.
- Training: ctcLink training for FirstLink colleges is about wrapped up as we prep for go-live on the 24th. But, there are lots of Quick Reference Guides and other resources available on the ctcLink Training Website.
- FirstLink Colleges (Spokane, Spokane Falls and Tacoma) Go Live -- August 24, 2015
- Wave 1 Go Live -- August 2016
- Wave 2 Go Live -- Option 1: May 2017 Option 2: Aug 2017
- Wave 3 Go Live -- Option 1: Feb 2018 Option 2: Aug 2018
ctcLink Project Background
After a comprehensive Request for Proposal (RFP) and vendor evaluation process from April-August 2012, followed by two months of in-depth contract negotiations, Ciber was chosen as our system integration partner for ctcLink implementation. Ciber began working on the project in February 2013.
Requirements Verification was completed in April 2013, which was the process of going through the requirements in the RFP line-by-line to provide any necessary clarification regarding the specific needs of the new ctcLink system. Next, the project team--along with hundreds of system-wide SMEs--embarked on the Foundation Review Sessions portion of the Global Solution phase.
This gave system-wide SMEs a chance to learn about the foundational aspects of the new system and how it will work and integrate across all business areas of the college. SMEs also got a closer look at the inner-workings of the PeopleSoft system in specific areas such as Payroll, Benefits Administration, Purchasing, Budgeting, Financial Aid, Recruiting/Admissions and Academic Advising.
The Foundation Review sessions helped prepare for the Business Process Alignment sessions, which were held June 17 through August 28. This was a detailed review of specific business processes in PeopleSoft. Business Process Diagrams (BPDs) were used to illustrate the flow of core business processes from start to finish and also help to determine the roles (who will perform which tasks) associated with each process. The decisions made during the Foundation Review/Decisions process, and the final BPDs guided system Configuration and Design. In addition to global configuration of the system, local configuration for FIrstLink colleges also took place, followed by system testing and user testing, which is still underway.
Questions about ctcLink? Email them to:
Top of page
Page Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Reviewed/Updated: August 17, 2015, 4:05 PM