Business Affairs Commission (BAC)
The Business Affairs Commission (BAC) is organized under the authority of the Washington Association
of Community and Technical Colleges (WACTC).
Its purpose is to:
- Act on matters referred by WACTC.
- Give institutional members opportunities to assist each other with matters of common concern.
- Develop and recommend uniform procedures for member institutions in business affairs when such uniformity is mutually beneficial.
- Consider subjects which may concern the business operations of the community and technical colleges
- Work with SBCTC, its Information Technology Division, agencies like the Office of Financial Management, the State Auditor’s Office, and other stakeholders with an interest in the business and financial concerns of the community and technical colleges.
- President: Linda Schoonmaker, Big Bend, 509-793-2002
- Vice President: Nate Langstraat, Whatcom, 360-383-3350
- Secretary Treasurer: Melinda Merrell, Renton, 425-235-5846
- Past President: Bob Williamson, Clark, 360-992-2123
Committee Chairs 2015-16
- Information Technology (IT): Suzie Benson, Wenatchee, 509-682-6515
- Operating Budget: Lisa Hjaltalin, Spokane, 509-434-5275
- Operations: Jennifer Howard, Everett, 425-388-9232
- Capital: Steve Ward, Centralia, 360-736-9391 x233
- Security & Safety: Kevin McKay, Edmonds, 425-640-1547