Life Transitions Program
Effective July 1, 2011, the Life Transitions Programs is no longer funded by the WA State Legislature. Contact a local program office for information about other available services.
Community Colleges of Spokane
3305 West Fort George Wright Drive, Spokane
Pathways for Women YWCA
Snohomish County Displaced Homemaker Center
3301 Broadway, Everett
425-258-2766, Ext 226
Skagit Valley Community College
Life Transition Program
2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon
Whatcom Community College
Turning Point Program
237 West Kellogg Road, Bellingham
Resources for Individuals in Transition
- Worker Retraining
College Contacts: Check with your nearest college contact to find out if you are eligible for
assistance through the Worker Retraining program.
- Relatives as Parents: A resource guide for relatives raising children in Washington State.
- Where Are You Going: Produced by the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board, this publication is a helpful guide to careers and occupations in Washington.
- Trial Eligibility Calculator:
This online calculator, developed by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, allows visitors to determine eligibility for food assistance, childcare help, medical benefits, or cash assistance.
- Workforce Development Directory:
Created by the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board, this directory identifies workforce development programs and related services available to youth and adults in Washington.
- What Every Woman Should Know:
Developed by the US Social Security Administration, this publication offers helpful information on a range of topics of particular interest to women.
- The Medicine Program: Free prescription medicine is available to those who qualify. Run by a private advocacy group, The Medicine Program helps patients navigate the free drug application process.