SBCTC Policy Manual
Chapter 3: Student Services
3.10.00 Student Services
Community and technical colleges shall design student services functions appropriate to the college’s populations and employ qualified student services staff to provide services in the following areas:
- Developmental and Maintenance: Academic Advising, Career and Student Employment, Counseling, Financial Aid, Health and Wellness programs, Housing Assistance, and Testing.
- Administrative: Admissions, Discipline, Records, and Registration.
- Support: Child Care, Multicultural and Diversity Programs, Women’s Programs, and Services for Students with Disabilities.
- Programs and Activities: Co-curricular and Extracurricular Programs, Student Government, Student Publications, Athletics, and Student Center.
- Teaching: Orientation Programs, Study Skills, Job Search Skills, Career Planning and Life Planning courses, and International Student Programs.
3.10.10 A Manual for Student Services
Community and Technical Colleges are encouraged to use
A Student Services Manual: Directions and Challenges (1998) published by the Washington State Student Services Commission to provide assistance in the development and implementation of student services on their campuses. For information oin securing a copy, contact the Office of the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
|SBCTC Resolution 02-09-16
||Board approved Policy Manual
Top of page
Page Manager: email@example.com
Page Reviewed/Updated: March 16, 2015, 9:58 AM