SBCTC Policy Manual
Chapter 3: Student Services
3.40.00 Student Programs and Activities
3.40.10 Intercollegiate Athletic Programs
The State Board requires that:
- District boards of trustees adopt rules to assure that intercollegiate athletic programs afford opportunities for participation to the interests of each college's student population and local community as possible.
- Intercollegiate athletics will be conducted according to guidelines and policy as established by the designated college athletic association.
- Colleges will strive to accomplish the state’s gender equity goals (see RCW 28B.15.455).
3.40.20 Services and Activities Fee
The State Board sets the maximum student and activities fee colleges can collect from students.
Community and technical colleges are:
- Authorized to establish services and activities fees, not to exceed the maximum amount set by the State Board.
- Authorized to collect services and activities fees for the express purpose of funding student activities and programs consistent with the needs of their institution (see RCW 28B.15.041; Appendix A: Student Programs and Activities).
- Establish an activities fee committee, with students representing a majority of the members, for recommending to the administration and the Board of Trustees a yearly budget for use of the services and activities fees (see RCW 28B.15.045 (3)).
3.40.30 Student Rights and Responsibilities
Community and technical colleges are required to:
- Adopt and publish rules establishing student rights and responsibilities, provide for students involvement in such activity, and file all such rules with the State Director (see WAC 131-12-050, WAC 131-12-060, RCW 28B.50.140 (13)).
- Adopt rules for hazing violations and sanctions imposed on individuals or groups (see RCW 28B.10.900 through RCW 28B.10.902).
- Ensure - Chapter 5 Appendix C: Confidentiality of Student Records and Data.
| Passage of E2SSB 5182 (2011)
|| Repealed the requirement for intercollegiate athletics compliance reports to the governor and legislature. Colleges report directly to US Department of Education.
|SBCTC Resolution 02-09-16
||Board approved Policy Manual
Top of page
Page Manager: email@example.com
Page Reviewed/Updated: May 29, 2015, 4:08 PM