Washington State Association of College Trustees (ACT)
Get help downloading files.
What is ACT?
The Washington State Association of College Trustees (ACT) is comprised of all the trustees of the 30 two-year college districts in Washington and is the "trade association" for trustees.
ACT provides support and coordination for trustees in the areas of education, communication and advocacy.
The vision of ACT is to insure quality, affordable, and lifelong educational opportunities for all the people of Washington State.
The mission of ACT is to support, educate, and unite Washington State community and technical college trustees in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
The purpose of ACT is excerpted from the association's Articles of Incorporation.
The objects and purposes for which this non-profit corporation is formed are pursuant to the provisions of RCW 24.03, as follows:
- To facilitate communication among community colleges of the State of Washington;
- To coordinate development and maintenance of a statewide community college education program;
- To maintain liaison with the Washington State Board for Community College Education (now the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges) and other duly constituted community college-related organizations and agencies;
- To review and/or initiate legislation affecting community colleges and to make appropriate recommendations to the Congress of the United States, the Washington State Legislature and to all appropriate committees thereof; and
- To provide educational programs and information for trustees in order to improve awareness of their roles and responsibilities.
Board of Directors
- President: Greg Bever, Community Colleges of Spokane
- President-elect: Tyler Page, Renton Technical College
- Secretary: Lisa Parker, Yakima Valley Community College
- Treasurer: Jon Lane, Big Bend Community College
- Immediate Past Pres.: Dan Altmayer, Highline College
- Members At-Large:
- Legislative Action Committee Co-Chairs:
Kim Tanaka, ACT Director
Candace Robbecke, ACT Administrative Assistant
Top of page
Page Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Reviewed/Updated: April 13, 2015, 4:52 PM