- Provide administrative support for the Student Success Center including grant initiatives, guided pathways cohort colleges, and budget monitoring.
- In support of the director, prioritize and perform daily assignments and special projects.
- Schedule and maintain director’s calendar and detailed travel arrangements.
- Serve as liaison between the director and other staff members, relaying assignments and requesting status information.
- Plan and provide on-site support for events and retreats for the Student Success Center.
- Schedule and attend meetings; prepare agendas, minutes and reports, including conference and web-based meetings.
- Process director’s mail, and review, prioritize and coordinate with appropriate staff as necessary. Initiate correspondence to facilitate the needs of the director and office.
- Maintain department’s website presence with updated and accurate information.
- Compose, prepare and transmit memos, letters, reports, confidential and sensitive materials, and other documents, using appropriate technology tools.
- In-state travel required several times per year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Enthusiastic and independent worker, skilled in tracking details.
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years of progressively responsible experience in secretarial or general administrative work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Coordinate and provide on-site support for retreats and large events.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, information sharing tools (such as Google docs), and ability to learn new technology.
- Experience with WebEx or similar meeting coordination software.
- Non-technical experience updating web pages with a web content management system.
This is a full-time, classified position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. The salary for this position is based on the Non-Represented General Service Salary Schedule.
Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Classified Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to Director of Student Success Center.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement;
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications;
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line. Suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
After you submit your application packet, you will receive a confirmation email and a request to complete and return the following forms:
- Affirmative Action Profile (voluntary) – Kept separate from your application packet and used to prepare the agency's annual affirmative action report.
- Employment Reference Release – References are typically contacted after interviews.
Do not include the Affirmative Action Profile or Employment Reference Release in your application packet. If you do not receive an email including these forms after you submit your application, please send a message to email@example.com.
Submitted applications become the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 4/25/19 11:46 AM