- Assists with college staff adoption and use of the PeopleSoft application, with special focus on aiding the college in understanding the key business processes that are executed within one or more assigned PeopleSoft modules or sets of functionality
- Works with subject matter experts and other stakeholder groups to identify and clarify business requirements
- Works with business process stakeholders to ensure that solution design and scope remains consistent with functional expectations and priorities
- Leads and participates in one-on-one, small group, and large group activities with internal and external stakeholder groups
- Performs business process analysis and business process redesign activities
- Supports system design, configuration, conversion, validation, testing, and training activities
- Attends and participates in scheduled Functional Team and other project meetings
- Communicates timely status updates on assigned work and on-going activities as requested by team, pillar, and/or project leadership
- Develops internally and externally facing documentation that aligns with prescribed formatting and content requirements
- Develops functional specifications for recommended business processes, system configuration values/frameworks, reports, and system customizations
- Assists in the development of technical specifications for recommended business processes, system configuration values/frameworks, reports, and system customizations
- Provides support and knowledge transfer to teams and individuals within and associated with the ctcLink project
- Provides input to the Organizational Change Management (OCM) Team, Training Team and others to update business processes and documentation
- Assists in the development of end-user training materials, and as needed, deliver informal training to college and project team members
- Provides input in the development of test procedures and materials, such as test scripts
- Utilizes desktop automation software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with a diverse group of co-workers, specialty consultants, college/agency stakeholders, and the public.
- Strong working knowledge of Washington community and technical college business practices and policies.
- Desktop automation skills including effective use of e-mail, MS Word, MS Project, Visio, Excel spreadsheets and the ability to use tools in conjunction with databases.
- Proficient and adept at using higher level formulas within Excel to manage large data volumes in spreadsheet form, especially using VLOOKUP.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities while providing leadership and direction to college teams throughout the implementation process.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to college/agency participants in project activities.
Working knowledge of ERP or Automated Systems for higher education, preferably PeopleSoft
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience and/or education
- 5+ years of experience in higher education, including but not limited to student records and curriculum management
- 3+ years of experience using a Student Information System in a higher education environment
- Experience using a variety of Microsoft Office suite applications including MS Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, and the public are required
- A team-oriented person with the ability to work closely with team members
- 2+ years of experience using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions in a higher education environment
- Related experience working with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions version 9.2 utilizing Fluid look/feel, features, and functionality
- Functional-Technical experience in a PeopleSoft environment, such as familiarity with App Designer, PeopleCode, SQL, and/or custom development
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to ctcLink Project Manager (Campus Solutions).
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Adrian Hill, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title or Recruitment #.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 12/20/18 3:30 PM