- Performs business analysis (including BPA / BPR).
- Refines/clarifies business requirements.
- Provides knowledge of end-user needs, business processes/procedures, etc.
- Develops business specifications (e.g., for required customizations).
- Assists in the application design and configuration (including functional security – definition of roles, permissions, etc.).
- Supports execution/development of day-to-day deliverables that enable the ongoing compliance needs related to state and federal legislation, IT policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Assists the Financial Aid Project Lead and other team members in working with business process owners to ensure that the design and scope is and remains consistent with functional expectations and priorities as related to the PeopleSoft Campus Solution application.
- Provides input to the Organizational Change Management and Training Teams to update business processes and documentation.
- Provides input to the Financial Aid Project Lead and other team members in recommending business solutions/alternatives for best practices and related compliance projects.
- Assists with college staff adoption and use of the PeopleSoft Campus Solution application.
- Participate in all business process review activities and provide business process insight into recommended best practices concerning the Financial Aid module.
- Assists in the maintenance of tracking and issue logging related to PeopleSoft Campus Solution application activities.
- Assist with supporting college staff during and after deployment (i.e. go-live) as needed.
- Provides input on functional/technical specifications for reporting, interfaces and customizations.
- Provides input on the end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, delivers such training.
- Provides input in the development of test scripts for utilization prior to implementation.
- Provides as-needed support and knowledge transfer to financial aid ERP Support Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential job functions
The following are fundamental, crucial duties performed by the position.
- Attends and participates in scheduled Functional Team and other project meetings.
- Communicates timely status updates on assigned work and on-going activities as requested by team, pillar, and/or project leadership.
- Leads one-on-one, small group, and large group activities with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Participates in one-on-one, small group, and large group activities with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Develops internally and externally facing documentation that aligns with prescribed formatting and content requirements.
- Develops functional specifications for recommended business processes, system configuration values/frameworks, reports, and system customizations.
- Assists in the development of technical specifications for recommended business processes, system configuration values/frameworks, reports and system customizations.
- Supports system design, configuration, conversion, validation, testing, and training activities.
- Performs business process analysis and business process redesign activities.
- Works with subject matter experts and other stakeholder groups to identify and clarify business requirements.
- Provides support and knowledge transfer to teams and individuals within and associated with the ctcLink project.
- Works with business process stakeholders to ensure that solution design and scope remains consistent with functional expectations and priorities.
- Provides input to the Organizational Change Management (OCM) Team, Training Team and others to update business processes and documentation.
- Assists with college staff adoption and use of the PeopleSoft application, with special focus on aiding the college in understanding the key business processes that are executed within one or more assigned PeopleSoft modules or sets of functionality.
- Assists in the development of end-user training materials, and as needed, deliver informal training to college and project team members.
- Provides input in the development of test procedures and materials, such as test scripts.
- Utilizes desktop automation software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
Marginal job functions
The following are additional important duties performed by the position.
- Monitors for changes in the regulatory landscape associated with assigned PeopleSoft modules or functionality and communicates these changes back to the HCM Team.
- Communicates and assists in the logging, updating, and tracking of issues and risks related to project activities.
- Develops end-user training materials.
- Delivers structured, end-user oriented training
- Develops test procedures and materials, such as test scripts.
- Attends structured training classes provided by internal staff and external organizations.
- Attends product and user-group conferences for Oracle/PeopleSoft and other core ctcLink technologies.
Important objectives, outcomes, and/or special assignments to accomplish in order
to be successful
- Creating/updating necessary materials for Global Design Review/Refresher activities
- Facilitating/supporting Global Design Review/Refresher sessions.
- Creating/updating necessary materials for Business Process Fit Gap activities.
- Facilitating/supporting Business Process Fit Gap sessions.
- Creating/updating necessary materials for Conversion Validation activities.
- Facilitating/supporting Conversion Validation sessions.
- Creating/updating supporting materials for Functional Testing, SIT, Parallel Testing and UAT activities.
- Creating/updating supporting materials for training activities.
- Supporting Security Matrix Mapping activities
- Creating/Updating supporting materials for Production Cutover activities.
- Facilitating/supporting Production Cutover activities.
The following are important knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors that the employee should demonstrate in order to be successful.
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with a diverse group of co-workers, specialty consultants, college/agency stakeholders and the public.
- Knowledge of the Washington community and technical college business landscape, including business practices and policies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to college/agency participants in project activities.
- Strong desktop automation software skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Knowledge of the PeopleSoft system structure, features, functions and processes.
- Knowledge of relational database reporting tools, such as: PL/SQL, Oracle Reports or Microsoft Access
- Functional knowledge of other modules in the Campus Solutions Pillar, such as but not limited to, Student Financials AND Student Records.
- 5+ years of related experience in Financial Aid for higher education.
- Solid foundation of federal regulations for aid eligibility, distribution and reporting, including comprehensive knowledge of the Federal Student Aid Handbook.
- 2+ years of experience of PeopleSoft experience in the financial aid module.
- Knowledge of relational database reporting tools, such as: PL/SQL, Oracle Reports or Microsoft Access.
- Functional knowledge of other modules in the Campus Solutions Pillar, such as but not limited to, Student Financials and Student Records.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to ctcLink Project Lead.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Adrian Hill
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title or Recruitment #.
- Include your name, address, current phone number and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 10/4/19 1:13 PM