- Performs business analysis (including Business Process Alignment and Redesign).
- Assists in the application configuration (including input on functional security – definition of roles, permissions, etc.).
- Supports execution/development of day-to-day deliverables that enable the ongoing compliance needs related to state and federal legislation, IT policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Provides input to the Campus Solutions Project Lead in recommending business solutions/alternatives for best practices and related compliance projects.
- Assists with college staff adoption and use of the Student Financials module of the PeopleSoft application.
- Provides input on the end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, develop training materials and delivery of such training.
- Provides input on data mapping between legacy system and PeopleSoft system and guide college staff all aspects of data conversion activities, from cross-walk maintenance to data validation.
- Refines and clarifies business requirements.
- Provides knowledge of end-user needs, business processes/procedures, etc.
- Develops business specifications (e.g., for any remaining required customizations).
- Assist the Campus Solutions Project Lead in working with business process owners to ensure that the design and scope of configuration and any remaining customizations remains consistent with functional expectations and priorities as related to the PeopleSoft application.
- Participates in all business process review activities and provide business process insight into recommended best practices concerning the related modules.
- Assists in the maintenance of tracking and issue logging related to module activities.
- Provides input on functional/technical specifications for reporting, interfaces and customizations.
- Develops and executes test scripts for testing activities prior to implementation.
- Three or more years of related experience in Student Financials, specifically Cashiering/Student Accounting in higher education, consideration for experience in Finance and Financial Aid in higher education.
- Strong working knowledge of the Financial Management System (FMS) – Cashiering Module, including familiarity with Fee Codes, Fee Classes, Tuition Calculation, Fee Pay Statuses, and good working relationships with Registration and Financial Aid departments in the Washington State Community and Technical College System.
- One or more years of related experience working with PeopleSoft Campus Solution application, specifically the Student Financial module in a Higher Education setting.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to ctcLink Project Manager (Campus Solutions).
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materialsEmail is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Adrian Hill, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title or Recruitment #.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 11/7/18 8:41 AM