- Performs business analysis, including BPA and BPR (business process automation and business process reengineering).
- Refines and clarifies business requirements.
- Provides knowledge of end-user needs, business processes, business procedures, etc.
- Develops business specifications (e.g., for required customizations).
- Performs applications design and configuration, including functional security (definition of roles, permissions, etc.).
- Supports execution and development of day-to-day deliverables that enable the ongoing compliance needs related to state and federal legislation, IT policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Assists the Campus Solutions Core Project Lead in working with business process owners to ensure that the design and scope is, and remains consistent with functional expectations and priorities as related to the Campus Solutions.
- Provides input to the organization change management team to update business processes and documentation.
- Provides input to the Campus Solutions Core Project Lead in recommending business solutions and alternatives for best practices and related compliance projects.
- Assists with college staff adoption and use of an ERP (enterprise resource planning) Student module, both during the project to adopt the new ERP software, as well during production support and during software upgrades.
- Participates in all business process review activities and provides business process insight into recommended best practices concerning Campus Solutions.
- Assists in the maintenance of tracking and issue logging related to Student Module activities
- Provides input on functional/technical specifications for reporting, interfaces and customizations.
- Provides input on the end-user training strategy and, when appropriate, delivers such training.
- Provides input in the development of Campus Solutions test scripts for utilization prior to implementation.
- Executes test scripts, tracks defects, and reports test results.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of related experience and/or education.
- 5+ years of experience in higher education, including student admissions field.
- 2+ years of experience using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions in a higher education environment.
- Expertise in the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions including Student Admissions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public are required.
- A team-oriented person with the ability to work closely with team members.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to the ctcLink Campus Solutions Core Project Lead.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 360-704-1847
- Mail: Christine Salvador, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 4/26/18 1:38 PM