- Leads technology aspects of the ctcLink project implementation including development of customizations, integrations, and data conversion and validation from legacy system.
- Assesses and manages technical risks and issues throughout the five-year ctcLink implementation.
- Plans and meets all project scheduled tasks related to customizations and data conversions.
- Works with ctcLink project team managers/leads to meet project goals.
- Ensures that system software architecture documentation is maintained.
- Manages development of detailed programming specifications that addresses program logic, automated/manual procedures, database design, data flows, data conversions, and security.
- Supports the established software development life cycle (SDLC) processes and ensures that the ctcLink project technical team follows established procedures.
- Leads internal project technical and related work groups, reviews technical work products, and provides regular status updates with project leadership.
- Assesses system/college user-requirements direction based on application design and architecture.
- Reviews and recommends required tools to support development activities.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of the selected end-to-end technical solution and its functional and operational capabilities and ensures end-to-end ownership and accountability of software architecture design.
- Develops and maintains productive and cooperative relationships with both internal and external technology partners, suppliers and outsourced technical teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent combination of related experience and/or education.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the development and implementation of Oracle PeopleSoft in a higher education environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience with PeopleSoft ERP and higher education systems including customizations and integration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position reports to the Director of Application Services and supervises the ctcLink Application Leads and CEMLI Developers.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-1847
- Mail: Christine Salvador, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
To assist with the agency's reporting and hiring process, applicants are asked to complete and return these additional forms to email@example.com:
- Affirmative Action Profile (voluntary) – Kept separate from your application packet and used to prepare our annual affirmative action report.
- Employment Reference Release – References are typically contacted after interviews.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 2/15/18 2:47 PM