The Trainer is responsible for training staff and developing PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Core (CS)-related training and knowledge transfer materials in accordance with the training plan developed for the Washington State Community and Technical College System’s PeopleSoft ERP environment (ctcLink).
Specific duties for this position include:
- Working with Training Team and Training Manager to follow and execute the training plan for the ctcLink environment.
- Delivering classroom and/or virtual instructor-led training to end-users, as well as participating in other training activities as directed by the needs of the project.
- Interacting with Training Team, Project Functional staff, ERP support staff, and other subject matter experts to define and review learning outcomes, course outlines, assessments and materials.
- Communicating decisions, risks, barriers, and training material changes to training team, ERP support staff, project staff, and other stakeholders.
- Maintaining the overall quality and effectiveness of the training program and working with other team members in the development of program evaluations.
- Partnering with other trainers, Project Functional Analysts and ERP support staff to ensure knowledge transfer and cross training.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of training materials and end-user documentation following prescribed templates and standards.
- Collaborating with College Training Leads/Facilitators in the delivery of project standards and deliverables during the distance learning activities in accordance with training plan.
The successful candidate will have a high level of experience in one or more of the following areas: admissions, special populations, campus community, academic advisement, student records, fluid, course and class, etc. General knowledge of Financial Aid and the Student Financials modules is a plus.
Experience in facilitation and collaboration:
- Demonstrated facilitation skills related to training and knowledge transfer for a broad range of end-users.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work with collaborative groups.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to assimilate and express complex technical and functional concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to skillfully gather and analyze information to develop alternative approaches and ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed work while meeting competing deadlines.
- Proven time management skills to effectively manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated flexibility; must thrive in an environment with constant change.
Experience in integrating educational technology:
- Advanced experience/working knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft and ERP or higher education systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online learning as well as eLearning technologies and relevant software/applications including learning management systems, specifically Canvas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience developing computer-based simulation training using Articulate Storyline or Camtasia.
- Proficient with various applications ie: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office Suite, Knowledge Base software, various office communication applications and screen capturing software (including video). The ability to learn other applications in different mediums.
Education and experience:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience of teaching and/or training.
- Three or more years related professional experience.
- Knowledge of or experience working in a Higher Education environment.
Two (2) years working experience in PeopleSoft ERP
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is $69,707.28 annually. . Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to ctcLink Training Manager.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Adrian Hill
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title or Recruitment #.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 6/18/19 9:25 AM