Train and Support:
- Provides functional application and business expertise to support end users by coaching and mentoring users of these systems on best practices and business processes.
- Documents and resolves incidents and problems. Support college users by providing incidents and problem resolution.
- Develops service desk scripts and knowledge base articles to support SBCTC and college support staff.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with business users in all Finance Functional areas.
- Works collaboratively with Organizational Change and Training Team to develop communications and training to support end user readiness.
- Participates in functional deployment of PeopleSoft financial applications and interfaces.
- Fulfills end-user requests for application related configuration items.
- Provides options for issue resolution and identifies business process improvement opportunities within the applications processes and workflows.
- Documents functional requirements to support application service requests and related changes.
- Works collaboratively with the Information Technology Division to deploy application releases and patches or images.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintain and Modernize:
- Recommends and assists clients with best practice processes and work methods to best use the ERP software and updates/enhancements.
- Creates business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary in response to critical business changes.
- Interacts with business customers (internal and external) to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Acts as project functional lead to guide others in testing and implementing new system functionality or enhancements.
- Works on cross functional projects with groups such as HR, Payroll, Benefits and Student teams.
- Performs functional analysis, business requirements, workflow definition and ERP module configuration and testing.
- Supports diverse teams including vendors that support business functions and workflow issues and resolution.
- Successfully manages multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Participates in design reviews and provide constructive feedback to the team.
- Participates and networks within the Oracle/PeopleSoft community and industry by attending and/or presenting at various PeopleSoft regional user group meetings or state and local government meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business preferred OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years of relevant technical or business work experience with large enterprise financial systems.
- Two to four years of accounting experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, asset management, general ledger and/or budgeting.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to Associate Director (System Accounting).
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials:
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title or Recruitment #.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 2/14/19 4:39 PM