Project Leadership and support
- Support end-users with functional application and business expertise; coach and mentor end-users on best practices and business processes.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues, implement solutions, write knowledge base articles, document service desk requests to provide incident and problem resolution to support end-users.
- Provide functional/user focus to augment the technical focus on system upgrades.
- Implement new functionality or enhancements for legally mandated changes and new interfaces.
- Act as project functional lead to guide others in testing and implementing new system functionality or enhancements.
System Administration and Maintenance
- Serve as a liaison to ERP technical support, as well as the broader Oracle/PeopleSoft community.
- Create and maintain application support documentation including functional, technical and business requirements, configuration guides, business process workflows and training materials.
- Assist with evaluation, testing and deployment of PeopleSoft Financials application releases and patches, including updating related documentation and training materials.
Business Process/Software Functionality Optimization
- Interview staff on job procedures.
- Review and document desk procedures, user manuals and business processes.
- Provide recommendations for business process/system functionality enhancements.
Coordination and Communication
- Participate on the PeopleSoft Financials User Group and/or the ctcLink project team to coordinate and prioritize system initiatives and user/functional involvement and to promote system/business process best practices within the SBCTC.
- Participate and network within the Oracle/ PeopleSoft community and industry by attending and/or presenting at the various PeopleSoft regional user group meetings and state and local government meetings.
End-User Training and Support
- Support high-quality end-user customer service and consistency between ERP implementation and SBCTC policies.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in business or related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two or more years of human resource or payroll work experience with large enterprise human capital management systems.
- Functional experience with recruitment, workforce management, benefits administration and/or payroll administration.
- Experience interacting with users on software use, business practices, workflows and business processes.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to associate director of system accounting.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Contact the Human Resource Office at 360-704-4301 or visit the HR web page.
Last Modified: 4/21/17 2:55 PM