- Provide expert-level technical application support for Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Capital Management, and/or Financials application. Work directly with functional analysts, security analysts and end users to provide root cause analysis of issues related to data integrity, delivered Oracle code, customizations and integrations with third-party systems. Identify and troubleshoot coding and/or data issues by utilizing application and server log files, PeopleTools software and components and SQL Developer software. Test and implement bug fixes. Provide additional support to the other PeopleSoft applications as needed.
- Consult with functional analysts, support analysts and stakeholders to understand client business needs and requirements. Prepare technical and functional specifications. Design and develop customized applications and third-party integrations based on business requirements utilizing Application Designer, PeopleCode, Component Interfaces, Application Packages, XML Publisher, Integration Broker, SQR, Crystal Reports, Web Services, Approval Workflow Engine, PS Query, SQL Developer and Excel to CI interfaces.
- Perform functional unit testing for bug fix activities, new application development and integrations with internal and external third-party systems. Provide technical support to quality assurance team, functional analysts and end users during system integration testing and user acceptance testing, including issue resolution.
- Assist in the deployment of application upgrades, patches, configurations and critical updates. Review release notes from Oracle, analyze PeopleSoft Update Manager compare reports to determine impacts to customizations and third-party integrations and create retrofit projects to integrate Oracle releases into customizations and third-party integrations.
- Collaborate with hosting provider for managed services (network, security and hosting) and application management services (PeopleSoft application, databases and third party systems) to resolve incidents related to system performance, connectivity, code migrations, data integrity issues, application updates and critical patches.
- Adhere to established development standards and follow approved software development life cycle processes.
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching business and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Systems OR equivalent combination of related experience and/or education.
- Five or more years of work experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Capital Management, and/or Financials systems 9.0 or above. Up to three years of experience may be substituted with work in other ERP systems.
- Experience with Oracle PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Approval Workflows, Application Engine, Application Package, Component Interface, and Integration Broker.
- Experience with Oracle SQL.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibility and reports to the Director of Application Services.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly or Christine Salvador, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title or Recruitment #.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 11/19/18 3:11 PM