Monitor and reconcile SBCTC payroll and payroll data to include quarterly and year-end balancing and reporting.
- Manage highly confidential documents and protect information on a daily basis.
- Confirm SBCTC payroll.
- Run processes to report, reconcile, manage payroll – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Work with Finance pillar to validate and correct payroll data in Finance (i.e., combo codes).
- Respond to various requests from budget/HR departments, maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
Support the HCM pillar for payroll processing, vendor payment, federal/state reporting and balancing /maintaining payroll data in the Finance pillar for the system.
- Run daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual processes to support college reporting.
- Create and maintain documentation for processes to support college system payroll production.
- Help research and resolve process failures, including documenting issue, result and solution.
- Work with payroll vendors to resolve various problems.
- Respond to, support and train on various questions and issues posed by college staff.
- Work collaboratively with ERP and Managed Services department to resolve issues as they arise.
- Monitor and manage Central Payroll bank account, communicating college notifications and returns.
- Help create and maintain system calendar and communicating to system each year, documenting:
- Confirm dates – Pay dates
- Reporting dates – DRS/HCA/ESD/OFM/CFD and others
- Quarterly/Annual processes – ESD/IRS (W2’s)
- Provide day-to-day production support for human capital management and finance pillars.
- Define, schedule and monitor daily batch processes. Troubleshoot, test and resolve processing errors.
- Define, schedule and monitor third-party external interfaces. Troubleshoot, test and resolve interface errors.
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal interfaces. Assist with resolution, testing and release of solutions.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation including functional and technical requirements, processing guides, processing calendars, and configuration guides.
- Fulfill end-user requests for application-related configuration items.
- Provide incident and problem resolution to support end-users or other ERP support team by analyzing and troubleshooting issues, implementing solutions, creating knowledge base articles, and documenting service desk requests.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Work collaboratively with training and ERP support staff to develop communications and training materials to support end-user readiness. Delivers classroom and/or virtual instructor-led training to end-users.
- Assist with evaluating, testing and deploying application releases and patches including updating related documentation.
A minimum of two years experience with processing payroll in a state government environment OR at least four years experience with processing payroll in a larger enterprise financial and/or human capital management system OR experience with Oracle PeopleSoft product suites such as Human Capital Management or Financial.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to Accounting and Business Services Director.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 12/21/17 11:53 AM