- Support strategies to improve access to education and increase attainment of family-wage employment for low-income students.
- Provide program administration of the WorkFirst program.
- Support the administration of the Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) program.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with college staff, partner agencies and State Board colleagues to support students and programs.
- Develop and provide related reports to various stakeholders.
- Support other workforce education initiatives and programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience and/or education.
- Demonstrated successful facilitation and collaboration experience with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing projects that require compliance oversight.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with demonstrated time management, organizational skills and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Ability to travel within Washington state, including multi-day trips.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may mentor and guide the work of work study students or interns. This position reports to the Policy Associate for Workforce Education.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
To assist with the agency's reporting and hiring process, applicants are asked to complete and return these additional forms to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Affirmative Action Profile (voluntary) – Kept separate from your application packet and used to prepare our annual affirmative action report.
- Employment Reference Release – References are typically contacted after interviews.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 7/25/18 3:19 PM