- Create student success reporting tools to be used by a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provide guidance on leveraging existing data sources in both the legacy and PeopleSoft environment for creating reporting tools.
- Provide consultation and technical support to colleges in tracking student success outcomes in coordination with the SBCTC Student Success Center Director.
- Conduct design, implementation, analysis, and reporting of research in both written reports and in dashboard format.
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from internal and external partners.
- Serve as SBCTC policy research staff support on system workgroups, task forces, committees, and to the Research and Planning Commission.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a master’s degree AND five years of demonstrated experience in designing and conducting applied research.
- Experience working with Washington state community and technical college data, preferably in an institutional research, information technology, or business intelligence capacity.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL reporting services or Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of statistics and qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- The ability to think critically to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw conclusions and deal with abstract variables.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated success identifying and presenting findings and recommendations that were broadly accepted and followed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision and frequent interruptions.
Other noted requirements:
- Position requires statewide travel, occasional overnight.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to the policy research director.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 4/26/18 1:38 PM