- Schedule and arrange appointments, conference calls and meetings, including conference and web-based meetings. Respond to incoming calls and emails, screen and prioritize emails and requests.
- Coordinate travel arrangements to include hotel reservations, flights, and car rentals; complete registrations, reimbursements, and other related paperwork.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations and other printed materials according to department standards; edit materials for accuracy, readability, and appearance, using appropriate technology tools.
- Maintain department’s website presence with updated and accurate information.
- Under general direction, plan, organize and prioritize work to ensure work unit and/or office goals are met. Monitor and report progress of projects and activities to meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain electronic and paper records and file systems. Prepare and copy materials for reports, conferences, and retreats. Order supplies and equipment as needed.
- Answer phones, greet and assist visitors, respond to requests for information, initiate and respond to emails.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- A high school diploma or general education equivalent (GED).
- Two years of progressively responsible secretarial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with conflicting timelines, while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Experience with web page publishing using a content web tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, information sharing tools (such as Google docs), and ability to learn new technology.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
This is a full-time, classified position. The salary for this position is based on the Non-Represented General Service Salary Schedule.
Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Classified Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to the assistant to the deputy executive director of education.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement;
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications;
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 360-704-4415
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line. Suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title or Recruitment #.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 11/15/18 2:57 PM