Analyze and identify problems with data transmission between the college accounting system and state accounting system:
- Serve as a principal consultant to assist accounting staff in the college system for all issues related to AFRS uploads.
- Analyze and identify data transmission issues between college accounting systems and the State's accounting system (AFRS).
- Review and provide solutions for AFRS error and exception reports to maintain system integrity and accuracy in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards.
- Assist in developing, testing, and maintaining crosswalks between the community and technical college accounting system (PeopleSoft) and AFRS.
- Monitor State Treasury cash activity and system financial data on a monthly basis to reconcile variances and correct errors between Treasury records and system records.
- Reconcile community and technical college system payroll account.
- Analyze in-process reports and prepare accounting entries to correct discrepancies.
- Maintain college accounting monthly and year-end monitoring system (SMART).
- Perform periodic system reconciliation between the college accounting systems (Legacy and PeopleSoft) and AFRS.
- Create annual reconciliation and compilation of college expenditures to produce the Comparative Expenditure Data and post to the agency website for college use.
- Assist with agency fiscal year-end accounting, closing and reporting processes.
- Assist with preparing Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) annual reports for federal reporting.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Bachelor's or associate degree with a minimum of 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting courses.
- Minimum of three years of professional accounting, and/or auditing experience, specifically with Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS).
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to Associate Director for Accounting and Reporting.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-1847
- Mail: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 12/21/17 11:53 AM