ITT Tech Students Welcome
Former ITT Tech students, the doors are open for you at Washington state’s 34 community and technical colleges.
Whatever you choose to do, do not give up on your education. Higher education remains the clearest path to economic opportunity and security. Restarting or continuing your education at a high-quality, reputable institution may feel like a setback today, but odds are it will pay off in the long run. ~ John B. King Jr., U.S. Secretary of Education
What are my options?
If you were attending ITT when it announced its closure on Sept. 6, 2016, or if you withdrew from an ITT Technical Institute location within 120 days before Sept. 6, you have two primary options, according to the Federal Student Aid Office of the U.S. Department of Education:
- Apply to have your federal student loans forgiven.
- Try to transfer your ITT or other credits to another college. If those credits are transferred to the same program of studies at that college, the loans for the ITT credits will not be forgiven.
Will my credits transfer?
While we can’t promise to take ITT credits (or to have all the answers), we pledge to try to our best to help make the most of this situation.
This may include the following:
- Review your financial aid status
- Evaluate credits from ITT and other colleges you have attended.
- Explore possible opportunities for credit, such as credit for prior learning, workplace experience or credit-by-exam
A contact person at each college located nearest an ITT Technical Institute in Washington state has been named to help former ITT students figure out their next steps. Other college contacts will be added as they are available.
Who to contact about loans
For information about federal student loans, contact the U.S. Department of Education at 800-433-3243 or visit the Federal Student Aid ITT announcements page.
Useful Links for ITT Tech Students
- Community and Technical College Contacts for ITT Tech Students
- Search Community and Technical College Programs
- Explore Our Colleges – Lists and map by location.
- 2017-18 Quarter Start and End Dates – Plan ahead for fall, winter and spring.
- Earn your bachelor's degree on a community or technical college campus – Applied Bachelor's Degrees and University Centers and Transfer Partnerships.
ITT Tech Links
- Webinars for ITT Students
- ITT Tech Course Syllabi
- ITT Tech School Catalogs
- ITT Tech Student Portal – Students can log in for unofficial grades and academic history. Access might be limited.
- Order ITT Tech Transcripts
- A Message from the Secretary of Education to ITT Students
- Federal Student Aid ITT Closure Announcement
Last Modified: 7/25/17 4:33 PM