State Board to take action on capital budget prioritization criteria
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges will hold its regular business meeting on Thursday, Jan. 19. On the agenda are revisions to the college system's capital budget scoring criteria. The criteria provides guidance to the system as it creates its prioritized list of major capital projects to go to the Legislature. The board will also discuss the addition of six applied bachelor's degrees. The degrees under consideration are:
- Teaching and Early Learning at Highline College
- Nursing at Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Digital Filmmaking at Olympic College
- Information Technology Networking: Network Architecture at Renton Technical College
- Workforce and Trades Leadership at South Seattle College
- Cyber Security at Spokane Falls Community College
Prior to the business meeting, the State Board will hold a study session in which members will hear an update on the 2017 legislative session and from the SBCTC legislative interns.
The study session and business meeting will be held at the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges office, Cascade conference room, 1300 Quince Street SE in Olympia. The State Board’s agenda and background materials are posted at the State Board’s website.
Both meetings are open to the public.