Get Connected to Your Training Tools
This page is a “One-Stop Shop” for quick access to training support and resources. You will find links to:
- Training materials (including step-by-step guides, videos and recorded trainings)
- Announcements, update alerts and message boards
If you can’t find what you need, try your Canvas classroom or the ctcLink Reference Center. If you still have questions:
- Post a message in a Canvas discussion board.
- Leave a comment at the ctcLink Reference Center.
- Send an email to ctcLinkTrainingManagement@sbctc.edu
Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)
All of our ctcLink course content is housed in the Canvas LMS. Canvas is available to all of the community and technical colleges in our system.
To learn how to navigate Canvas courses, watch Canvas Overview for Students.
Panopto is the easy-to-use video platform for training, teaching and presenting. Use Panopto to record instructor led training or create tutorials for staff. Panopto automatically syncs your video, slides, on-screen and on-screen content. Look in your Canvas classroom's lefthand navigation menu to connect to Panopto.
Blackboard Collaborate is a synchronous online learning tool. It is available to all community and technical colleges in the system. If you would like to access this tool, please contact your eLearning department.
The Fundamentals course in Canvas is a starting point for end users. Within the modules, participants can learn about:
- Pillar interaction
- Terms and concepts
- Navigating PeopleSoft
- Pillar-specific fundamental resources
The ctcLink Uncovered course in Canvas is an excellent resource with the following pillar-specific topics to explore:
- Getting Started: Reference Videos for Canvas
- Pillar-Specific Discussions and Business Process Maps
- Technical/Help Desk Resources
- Organizational Change Management (OCM), including:
- OCM Resources
- Roadmap Activities
- Wave 1 OCM Template Link
- Wave 1 OCM Plans
- Training Resources
- Campus/Organizational Project Leadership, including:
- Checklist for New Project Leaders
- ctcLink Project Contacts
- College Team Roster
- Business Process Information
- Data Clean-Up Information
- Communities of Practice Defined
- OCM Templates
- ctcLink Logos
You also have the opportunity to join discussions within the Discussion Board and add questions and comments for the Training Team.
Be sure to check in. Materials are being added and updated daily! The Training Team will share announcements of new resources available.
ctcLink Reference Center
The ctcLink Reference Center is the home to QRGs (Quick Reference Guides). You may see reference to “Articles,” which is the same as a QRG. You will have the opportunity to leave comments or questions at the end of each article. The Training Team monitors this section and will respond.
Materials are added and updated on a regular basis; links will stay the same for updates. Be sure to check for new resources.
User Productivity Kit (UPK) Tutorials
UPKs are step-by-step tutorials to work through various processes. With each “click,” you will be able to explore the process in ctcLink/PeopleSoft as it happens within the screens. You also have the option to print the steps in a “scripted” version. Please note that QRGs are typically developed in conjunction with the UPK, so you have various options for review.
Last Modified: 9/20/17 4:19 PM