Media Inquiries & Resources
We welcome inquiries from reporters, editors, bloggers, and others writing or reporting about Washington state's community and technical colleges.
- News releases
- Media contacts at each community or technical college
- One-page fact sheets
- Interesting programs or advances at each college — see our Field Guide
- News Links (media coverage) — published Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Legislative News — a summary of legislative activities affecting community and technical colleges
- Number of community and technical colleges: 34
- Tuition rates and other college costs
- Number of students served (headcount): 273,051 (Enrollment Dashboard)
- Number of students served (FTEs, or full-time equivalent student): 133,357 (Enrollment Dashboard)
- Median age: 24
Frequently Asked Media Questions
- Where can I find enrollment, demographic and other data by college and system-wide?
- What is a fiscal year and how does it related to an academic year?
- What is the difference between headcount and FTES?
- How are courses funded at community and technical colleges?
- What types of degrees and certificates are offered?
- What does "open door admissions" (or open enrollment) mean?
- What are the state education goals for K-12 and higher education?
Find out more about the nine-member board that governs the state's community and technical colleges.
Connect to one of Washington state's 34 community and technical colleges.
In the over 100 years since Washington's first community college was founded, the system has evolved to serve its communities. Read about our history.
Last Modified: 9/13/23, 2:55 PM