The Trainer is responsible for training staff and developing PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Core (CS) related training and knowledge transfer materials in accordance with the training plan developed for the Washington State Community and Technical College System’s PeopleSoft ERP environment (ctcLink).
The ideal candidate should have experience supporting customers' use of enterprise business systems and will strive to obtain a solid working knowledge of ctcLink PeopleSoft. We are looking for candidates with a passion for helping customers optimize their use of business systems, always seeking to educate and help customers adapt to ongoing application changes.
The person selected for this position will work collaboratively with business analysts and business partners to develop and deliver quality training solutions to the user community.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Serve as educator/trainer to design, develop and deliver training curriculum, materials, courses and workshops to prepare users to efficiently perform business processes using the ctcLink PeopleSoft application.
- Learn and master a variety of technical tools (e.g., Camtasia, Screen Steps, LucidChart and other learning management systems) to produce and deliver on-demand eLearning courses that prepare customers to easily implement PeopleSoft in their day-to-day business.
- Deliver classroom and/or virtual instructor-led training to end-users, as well as participating in other training activities as directed by the needs of the project.
- Interact with Training Team, Project Functional staff, ERP support staff, and other subject matter experts to define and review learning outcomes, course outlines, assessments and materials.
- Gather feedback and monitor training statistics and evaluations and use the information to guide on-going training improvements. Learn and adopt new tools and approaches over time as part of the continuous improvement of training offerings.
- Communicate decisions, risks, barriers, and training material changes to training manager.
- Maintain the overall quality and effectiveness of the training program and work with other team members in the development of program evaluations.
- Partner with other trainers, Project Functional Analysts and ERP support staff to ensure knowledge transfer and cross training.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of training materials and end-user documentation following prescribed templates and standards.
- Develop collaborative relationships with College Training Leads/Facilitators and system stakeholders to support evolving technology and business solutions that deliver value to customers.
The successful candidate will have a high level of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: admissions, special populations, campus community, academic advisement, student records, fluid, course and class, etc. General knowledge of Financial Aid and the Student Financials modules is a plus.
- Experience in facilitation/collaboration and integrating educational technology.
- Demonstrate facilitation skills related to training and knowledge transfer for a broad range of end-users.
- Advanced experience/working knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft and ERP or higher education systems.
- Is tech savvy; proficient with various tools like WebEx and Canvas to lead remote meetings and workshops and able to learn software tools for creating training classes/materials (e.g., Camtasia, Screen Steps, LucidChart and other learning management systems)
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with the ability to work with collaborative groups, be flexible and must thrive in an environment with constant change.
- Knowledge and/or experience developing computer-based simulation training using Articulate Storyline or Camtasia.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to assimilate and express complex technical and functional concepts.
- Demonstrate ability to skillfully gather and analyze information to develop alternative approaches and ideas.
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed work while meeting competing deadlines.
- Proven time management skills to effectively manage multiple projects
- Self-starter; shows strong self-initiative to overcome issues and meet deadlines with minimal supervision; Self-motivated and capable of providing excellent customer service
- Proficient with various applications ie: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office Suite, Knowledge Base software, various office communication applications and screen capturing software (including video). The ability to learn other applications in different mediums.
Education and experience
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience of teaching and/or training.
- Three or more years related professional experience.
- Knowledge of or experience working in a Higher Education environment.
Two (2) years working experience in PeopleSoft ERP.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington State has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Employee Benefits.
This position reports to the Organizational Change Management and Training Manager.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
- If interested in more than one Trainer position, you must apply for each separately.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-1847
- Mail: Adrian Hill, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing 800-833-6388 or voice 800-833-6384.
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. As an exempt employee, you will also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 30 percent of your salary.
Life in Olympia
Find out more about living and working in Olympia.
Discover the benefits and recreational opportunities available to you throughout Washington state.
Last Modified: 8/6/19 10:29 AM