Adult Education Advisory Council (AEAC)
The Washington state Adult Education Advisory Council (AEAC) is a governor-appointed body whose members work collaboratively and as individuals to achieve its vision, mission and values.
Everyone in Washington state has the knowledge, skills and credentials necessary to earn a living wage and achieve economic self-sufficiency, which results in a dynamic economy and vibrant communities.
AEAC partners with stakeholders to develop equitable and inclusive policies to build college and career pathways that result in a strong Washington economy.
Our work is guided and informed by AEAC’s commitment to:
- Inclusiveness – Respects people and cultures, values diversity, and is committed to equitable student-centered educational and economic opportunity.
- Collaboration – Works collaboratively and openly with stakeholders to bridge systems.
- Quality – Promotes continual data-driven innovation and improvement of adult education that impacts all students.
- Innovation – Seeks and promotes rigorous educational innovation that moves students further and faster toward educational and career goals.
- Advocacy – Seeks to inform and advance an agenda of student-centered education and economic development.
2023-24 AEAC Meeting Schedule
- October 9, 2023: In-person @ Clark College, Vancouver
- January 10, 2024: Virtual from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 10, 2024: Virtual from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- June 11-12, 2024: In-person, Eastern WA
Last Modified: 10/2/23, 3:14 PM