DG6 Go-Live Dates and Important ctcLink System Downtimes
The final ctcLink deployment group is advancing toward a 2022 go-live as Deployment Group 6 (DG6) colleges announce official go-live dates, approved by the ctcLink Steering Committee on July 27, 2021.
At nine colleges — Bates Technical College, Clover Park Technical College, Columbia Basin College, Lake Washington Institute of Technology, Renton Technical College, Shoreline Community College, South Puget Sound Community College, Walla Walla Community College, and Yakima Valley College — DG6 has the distinction of being both the last and the largest ctcLink deployment group.
Similar to the DG5 colleges, DG6 will convert to ctcLink over three weekends; however, they will deploy over two terms: winter and spring 2022 quarters.
“Go-live weekends” begin on Friday afternoon and include a Sunday validation session in preparation for Monday go-live:
- DG6-A – Monday, Feb. 28, 2022: Lake Washington Institute of Technology, Renton Technical College, Shoreline Community College
- DG6-B – Monday, April 25, 2022: Clover Park Technical College, Columbia Basin College, Walla Walla Community College
- DG6-C – Monday, May 9, 2022: Bates Technical College, South Puget Sound Community College, Yakima Valley College
To make sure the colleges have the support they need, the timing of DG6’s first sub-deployment group was scheduled for late February. To accommodate end-of-winter-quarter and beginning-of-spring-quarter student and employee transactions, the last two sub-deployment groups were scheduled for the middle of spring quarter.
With the first go-live weekend about seven months away, DG6 college project managers, subject matter experts, and college staff are already taking advantage of DG6 ctcLink training, and ctcLink Learning Environment access in preparation for go-live,
The completion timelines indicate a deadline for end-user training. These deadlines are specific to getting DG6 colleges trained up for their go-live phase, but the Canvas training courses will be available into the future.
DG6 Go-Live Impacts All ctcLink Colleges
As with prior deployment weekends, ctcLink has planned outage periods scheduled for all live colleges.
ctcLink will be offline for all colleges live on ctcLink during each conversion weekend. ctcLink Colleges should communicate in advance with staff and students. Colleges may consider these conversion weekends and go-live dates when planning for the subsequent quarter’s registration cycle.
All ctcLink colleges should plan for ctcLink to be offline for these weekends:
ctcLink Service Outages for DG5 Go-Live – Fall 2021
- Friday afternoon, Oct. 8, 2021 to Monday morning, Oct. 11, 2021
- Friday afternoon, Oct. 22, 2021 to Monday morning, Oct. 25, 2021
- Friday afternoon, Nov. 5, 2021 to Monday morning, Nov. 8, 2021
ctcLink Service Outages for DG6 Go-Live – Winter and Spring 2022
- Friday afternoon, Feb. 25, 2022 to Monday morning, Feb. 28, 2022
- Friday afternoon, April 22, 2022 to Monday morning, April 25, 2022
- Friday afternoon, May 6, 2022 to Monday morning, May 9, 2022
Go-Live Planning Tools for Colleges
- Planned Service Outages
- ctcLink Communications Toolkit - student, employee and faculty-focused communications resources
- ctcLink 90-Day Post Go-Live Planning Guide in the "Go-Live and Post Go-Live Planning Guides" tab at the ctcLink Communications Samples & Examples page.