Final approval of 5 applied bachelor's degrees on State Board agenda
OLYMPIA, Wash. — On the agenda for the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges' Thursday business meeting is final approval of five applied bachelor's degrees. Board members, who are scheduled to meet May 6 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., will hear final approval requests for:
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Behavioral Healthcare at Centralia College
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Integrated Healthcare Management at Edmonds College
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Physical Therapy Assistant at Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Manufacturing Engineering Technology at Renton Technical College
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Application Development at Skagit Valley College
The board will also hold a study session on Wednesday, May 5. Members will hear updates about the 2021 legislative session, including the college system's operating budget allocation. They will also hear statements of need for applied bachelor's degrees at Everett Community College for accounting, Highline College for childhood education, Shoreline Community College for dental hygiene and Yakima Valley College for agriculture science.
The study session and business meeting will be held by Zoom. The meeting agenda and background materials are posted on the State Board's website. Both meetings are open to the public.