State Board to hear college system's 2023 legislative priorities
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges will hold its regular business meeting Thursday, Oct. 20 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. On the agenda is a preview of the college system's 2023 legislative agenda and priorities. Those include:
- Fully funded competitive compensation for faculty and staff
- Advance equity, diversity and inclusion efforts already underway
- Support workforce development programs
- Expand learning technology for classes, equipment and IT infrastructure
- Funding for the system's capital project list to maintain and modernize campuses
Prior to the business meeting, the board will hold a study session Oct. 19 on issues related to enrollment, retention and completion. This will include a roundtable discussion with higher education, K-12 education, business, labor, tribal and community leaders from the greater Spokane area. Also on the agenda is a quarterly baccalaureate degree update and a human resources-related best practices report.
The business meeting and study session will be held at Spokane Falls Community College, 3410 W. Whistalks Way in Spokane. The agenda and background materials are posted on the State Board website. Both meetings are open to the public.