Key DG4 Training & Testing Activity Dates
This schedule outlines requirements for completion of self-paced, module-specific ctcLink Training Canvas courses for DG4 colleges. User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities and End-User Training (EUT) sessions will begin in October 2020.
Successful completion of self-paced, module-specific training courses is a PREREQUISITE for participation in both UAT activities and EUT sessions.
If you have any questions about ctcLink training, please contact ctcLink Training Team Management.
|Begin Date||End Date||Activity|
|Aug. 10, 2020||Sept. 18, 2020||Pre-requisite self-paced Canvas training completed|
|Oct. 12, 2020||March 31, 2021||End-User Training (EUT - SBCTC-Delivered)|
|Oct. 12, 2020||Oct. 20, 2020||EUT Phase I: UAT Walk-Through Sessions|
|Oct. 21, 2020||Oct. 21, 2020||UAT Kick-Off Sessions|
|Oct. 26, 2020||Nov. 20, 2020||UAT Sprint 1|
|Nov. 2, 2020||Feb. 26, 2021||EUT Phase II: Key Concepts (Pain Points) ILT Sessions|
|Nov. 30, 2020||March 31, 2021||EUT Phase III: Instructor-Led Training (ILT) Workshop Sessions|
|Nov. 30, 2020||Jan. 8, 2021||UAT Sprint 2|
Self-paced, online ctcLink Training Canvas courses for DG4 colleges are a required building block for the next set of activities: End User Training (EUT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Final push for self-paced training: Aug. 10 – Sept. 18, 2020
After prerequisite courses have been successfully completed — with an 80% or higher final grade — participants are eligible to remotely attend Instructor-Led Training (ILT) sessions.
Most of the traditional lecture materials are delivered in the prerequisite courses, allowing workshop time to be used more constructively to provide greater detail and information regarding course topics. Workshops will be used to reinforce the content and processes delivered through the prerequisite courses and allow participants to glean additional details for a deeper understanding of the ctcLink PeopleSoft system.
These instructor-led, short sessions are designed as a companion piece to the UAT activities. Sessions will be timed largely around the business functions being tested during this period (Sprints) with the goal to strengthen the skill set of those testing the system; however, attendance is not limited to those performing testing tasks.
End-User Training: Oct. 12, 2020 – March 31, 2021
End-User training is scheduled for three (3) phases over several months, coinciding with most of the UAT activities.
Three Phases of EUT
Schedule: EUT Phase I: UAT Walk-Through Sessions
When: Monday, Oct. 12, to Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020
Duration: 1 – 2 hours
Audience: UAT testing participants and front-line end-users who have successfully completed all prerequisites.
- The focus of these sessions is for UAT testing participants; however front-line end-users are invited to sit in to gain a high-level conceptual view and exposure to business process flows and testing processes.
- While UAT testing participants will have successfully completed all online Canvas training course prerequisites prior to walk-through activities, the Training Team will be available should questions arise about any differences between the online courses and what is delivered in the UAT walk-through sessions.
- The Training Team will be available for support as the Testing Team walks the colleges through the business process flows and expectations for UAT testing execution.
When: Monday, Nov. 2, 2020 to Friday, Feb. 26, 2021
Duration: 1 – 2 hours (sessions will be held early in the work day to allow participants time to engage in other ctcLink Project or work-related activities)
Audience: UAT testing participants and front-line end-users who have successfully completed all prerequisites
- The focus of these sessions is for UAT testing participants, however front-line end-users are also invited to sit in to gain further exposure to PeopleSoft processes.
- Based on lessons learned during DG2 and DG3 UAT testing and training, these short topic-specific sessions will provide in-depth tips and tricks, as well as the “pain points” uncovered during prior deployments to help end-users move through new concepts.
- These sessions build on material and content learned in the self-paced Canvas training courses, providing additional information about key concepts or pain points which participants may experience — or have already encountered — during testing activities.
When: Monday, Nov. 30, 2020 to Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Duration: 3– 4 hours
Audience: All end-users who have successfully completed all prerequisites
- These sessions are focused on front-line end-users to gain additional experience and exposure to PeopleSoft concepts and processes. Ideas, questions and topics will be provided to help colleges think through their own local business processes.
- ILT workshops take a deeper dive into key concepts and areas of concern, building on material and content learned during the prerequisite Canvas training courses, as well as the Key Concepts & Pain Points sessions.
- ctcLink PeopleSoft processes that cross from one pillar to another (i.e. cross-pillar) or department-to-department will be discussed.
User Acceptance Testing
User Acceptance Testing: Oct, 12, 2020 – Jan. 8, 2021
UAT activities begin with Walk-Through sessions, transition to the official UAT Kick-Off session for each pillar and will move into testing activities for Sprint 1 and later Sprint 2.
Schedule: UAT Activities
When: Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2020, to Friday, Jan. 8, 2021
Duration: 7 hours
Audience: UAT test participants
- During the UAT Kick-Off the Testing Team will provide an overview of the UAT process including how to activate UAT tester accounts, how to use the UAT documentation in the Reference Center to guide you through the UAT flows, as well as how to track testing issues using Oracle Test Manager (OTM).
- Pillar specific support WebEx rooms have been established to support the DG4 colleges through Sprint 1 and Sprint 2 testing activities.
Last Modified: 1/20/21, 12:25 PM