This course is designed for faculty and staff who have never used the Canvas learning
management system or who are just getting started using Canvas. Participants will
be introduced to the basic instructional features in Canvas such as Assignments, Discussions,
Quizzes, Content Pages, Modules, Gradebook, and much more. By the end of this course
you will have a basic understanding of the Canvas tool set and be ready to begin using
Canvas for instruction.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Find Canvas help.
- Recognize key Canvas terminology.
- Apply Canvas communication tools.
- Navigate Canvas from an instructor's perspective.
- Use core Canvas functions from a student's perspective.
- Evaluate, select and apply appropriate Canvas tools for teaching web-enhanced, blended,
or online courses.
- Create a basic course in Canvas. ##Prerequisites Participants should currently be
teaching or preparing to teach in higher education, however, many staff and administrators
may find the course helpful as well. Coursework includes activities that require familiarity
with online tools such as web browsers and email. ##Time Commitment This is a 3-week,
asynchronous, online course within Canvas.