I-DEA National Conferences Announced
SBCTC is pleased to offer four regional Integrated Digital English Acceleration (I-DEA) training conferences around the country.
The conferences, held in collaboration with The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, will equip English language faculty and administrators with practical information and hands-on tools to successfully implement and deliver I-DEA programs at their locations.
The I-DEA flipped classroom, hybrid model prepares students to enter college and career pathways with digital literacy and academic skills. I-DEA's outcomes are 9 percent to 16 percent higher than traditional English language classrooms.
Who should attend?
- English language faculty
- Program administrators
- I-DEA partners
Need more information?
Conference Agenda & Meeting Materials
- Draft agenda (revised June 14, 2017)
- California I-DEA Program Booklet
- Texas I-DEA Program Booklet
- Georgia I-DEA Program Booklet
- Agenda and presentations will be the same at each location.
- Directors Training (day 1 only)
- Faculty Training (both days)
The trainings will be held in four different states around the U.S. Choose one location link to register:
- Aug. 14-15, 2017, San Diego, CA
- Sept. 14-15, 2017, Houston, TX
- Oct. 23-24, 2017, Cumming, GA
- Dec. 11-12, 2017, Albany, NY
The daylong conference is free for registered participants.
Your training, conference materials, breakfast and lunch are generously sponsored by SBCTC and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
What's not covered
Your travel expenses (transportation, lodging, other meals) are not part of the registration and must be covered by you or your organization.
SBCTC is not making any hotel room arrangements, so if you are a government employee and must follow per diem restrictions, use Hotels at Per Diem so you are able to find a hotel that honors the rate you need.
Last Modified: 10/16/17 2:47 PM