Skip to content

Residency - Border County Students

Resident Category

Under the Border County Project, Columbia Basin College, Clark College, Lower Columbia College, Grays Harbor College, and Walla Walla Community College may enroll at resident tuition rates, students who reside in or have relocated from Oregon border counties.

Fee pay status: 30

Expand All

Colleges participating in the Border County Project may offer resident tuition rates to students who meet the following conditions:

  • The student has been eligible to pay Oregon resident tuition rates.
  • The student resides in Columbia, Gilliam, Hood River, Multnomah, Clatsop, Clackamas, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, or Washington county; or  
  • The student is currently domiciled in Washington, but was domiciled in the above-mentioned border counties for at least 90 days immediately before relocating to Washington.

 Domicile is defined in RCW 28B.15.012(5) and 28B.15.013.

RCW 28B.76.685 – Border county higher education opportunity project.

RCW 28B.15.0139 – Resident tuition rates – Border county higher education opportunity project.

Page Manager:
Last Modified: 4/11/24, 9:30 AM

starburst graphic