This optional waiver is for state employees. "State employee" includes permanent classified employees, higher education employees, teachers and K-12 classified staff.
Fee pay status: 51
Community and technical colleges may waive all or a portion of tuition (operating and building fees) and services and activities fees for state employees as defined below:
- Permanent employees in classified service under RCW 41.06 (State Civil Service Law).
- Permanent employees governed by RCW 41.56 (Public Employees Collective Bargaining).
- Permanent classified employees and exempt paraprofessional employees of technical colleges.
- Faculty, counselors, librarians and exempt professional/administrative employees at institutions of higher education.
- Teachers and other certificated instructional staff at public common and vocational schools.
- Classified staff employed at public common schools, when the employee is taking courses relevant to their work assignment or coursework that is part of a teacher preparation program.
Students shall be enrolled on a space-available basis. Students shall be charged a registration fee of not less than five dollars. Community colleges may give preference to employees of their college before considering waivers for eligible persons not employed by the college.
If a college participates in this waiver, it shall include all eligible state employees in the pool of those eligible to participate. Equal treatment must be given to those employed full-time and those employed half-time or more.
These students are not to be included in state enrollment counting.
Last Modified: 3/16/23, 4:36 PM