Workforce Supply and Demand Data Dashboard
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) contracted with the National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS) to create an interactive dashboard tool to help visualize data and patterns for skilled worker demand by region and statewide.
Explore the demand for skilled workers at the dashboard
- Go to the Washington State Workforce Supply & Demand Data Dashboard
- For an alternative version of the dashboard, please contact Katherine Mahoney.
The dashboard provides access to a range of data, including:
- Examination of local employment supply and demand by occupational cluster and specific occupation
- Wages by degree type, career, region and service area
- Comparison of sub-baccalaureate and baccalaureate opportunities
- Specific foundational (“soft”) , specialized (technical), and software skills by occupation
Ways colleges might use this data:
- Program review process
- Identify specific skills to embed in existing or developing programs
- Grant applications where skills gaps and high-wage employment data is useful
- Advise students towards promising career paths using supply/demand and wage data
- Inform program development, including of applied baccalaureate programs
About the data
- NCHEMS uses labor market information from online job postings, made available through Burning Glass, and connects it to completion data made available through IPEDS.
- The current data set displayed relies of information from 2013-2015 completions and job postings from 2014-2016.
- Extensive FAQ about the NCHEMS data and how it is used is included with the dashboards.
Last Modified: 11/22/19 9:16 AM