The Strategic Technology Advisory Committee (STAC) serves as an advisory resource and coordinating body for the Washington Community and Technical Colleges (WACTC) presidents regarding system-wide technology planning, selection and investment decisions. This committee advises the WACTC Technology Committee (WACTC-Tech).
Not seeing the latest charter dated April 15, 2022? Refresh your screen or clear your browser data (cached images and files).
See STAC Member List.
WACTC Commissions (16)
Commissions may select their representatives. Each Commission can have two voting members on the STAC:
- Business Affairs (BAC)
- Diversity and Equity Officers (DEOC)
- Human Resource Management (HRMC)
- Information Technology (ITC)
- Instruction (IC)
- Public Information (PIC)
- Research and Planning (RPC)
- Student Services (WSSSC)
The SBCTC Chief Information Officer is a voting member (1) and may select up to five Subject Matter Experts from the SBCTC to be voting members, with consideration given to the following areas of expertise:
- ctcLink Support
- Data Governance
- Educational Technology
- Guided Pathways
- IT Security
Standing subcommittee chairs or designees (3)
- Committee for Accessible Technology Oversight (CATO)
- Educational Technology Advisory Group (ETAG)
- ctcLink College Collaboration Group
Ad hoc attendees may be invited to attend meetings and participate in work groups as needed.
Visit the Strategic Technology Advisory Committee (STAC) Overview page in the ctcLink Reference Center to learn more about STAC, including:
- Structure, Membership & Scope of Responsibility
- Voting Process
- How Enhancement Requests Reach STAC
- Appealing STAC Decisions
- History of STAC (during ctcLink Implementation phase)
STAC Initiatives & Projects
Efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of ctcLink operational governance model, including launch of the ctcLink College Collaboration Group
- Guided Pathways solution/integration
- Process for continuous Strategic Technology Planning (ongoing)
- Communication and decision processes for WACTC technology issues/strategies
- Integration of projects related to the Educational Technology Advisory Group (ETAG) and the Committee for Accessible Technology (CATO)
Upcoming STAC Meetings
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2022, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 9, 2022, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Last Modified: 9/22/22, 9:10 PM