Skip to content
Smiling nursing students

Becoming a Student

Find Yourself Here

Whatever you're interested in doing — whether transferring to a university, training for a career or getting the basics — Washington state community and technical colleges have classes, programs and majors for you. 

How do I enroll?

SBCTC is the state agency for the state's 34 community and technical colleges. Each college has a different process for new students to sign up for classes. To enroll, visit the website for the college of your choice and follow its steps to enroll.

Each student's case will vary, but you may need to take one or more steps —  admissions, financial aid,  placement test, advising, transcript evaluation  — to register for classes at the community or technical college of your choice.

Need more information?

You're on the right page to start exploring.

When Does the Next Quarter Start?

College quarter start and end dates – Plan ahead for quarter start dates.

Check Out Our Colleges

Search for a Washington community or technical college based on location and programs of study.

GED® Testing

Learn how to earn a GED® or get your GED® transcripts.

The Right Degree for You

Student Life

Student clubs and activities, music and theater, honor society, community service, athletics, leadership and more. Get involved in student life.

starburst graphic