Skip to content

Adult High School Diploma Programs

Finish Up Your High School Diploma

It's never too late to earn your high school diploma. Community and technical colleges offer three ways to earn a high school diploma recognized by the state of Washington.

1. High School Completion

High school completion programs are for adults students 16 years old and older. Your college will evaluate your high school transcripts and advise you on the classes you need to complete your diploma at the college.

A high school release form is required for students who are 16, 17 or 18 years old.

2. High School+

High School+ is a competency-based program for students who are at least 18 years old. This program turns life experience into high school credits. You can demonstrate your knowledge in several ways, including work, life and military experience. Then, you'll take courses to fill in the gaps and earn a high school diploma.

3. Diploma After a Degree

If you earn an associate degree, you can request a high school diploma from the college.

Get Started

To get started, contact the high school programs office at your nearest community or technical college to explore which option or program is right for you.

They can discuss your goals with you and review your education to figure out which classes you still need to earn a diploma. Also, they can discuss online and in-person class options, placement tests you might need, and connect you with student services.

Visit the website of the college of your choice and search for "high school completion" or "high school diploma."


GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education ("ACE"). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.

General Education Development (GED®)

If you are at least 16 years old, the GED® program gives you the chance to earn a high school credential outside of school.

Page Manager:
Last Modified: 4/5/24, 3:07 PM

starburst graphic