Community, technical college board to select executive director
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges will select the college system's new executive director at its regular meeting Thursday, May 11. Jack Hershey, president and CEO of the Ohio Association of Community Colleges, and Jan Yoshiwara, deputy executive director for education at the State Board, are finalists for the position. The new executive director will replace Marty Brown, who is retiring after nearly five years on the job.
Also on the agenda is possible approval of five applied bachelor's degrees:
- Information technology application development at Cascadia College
- Behavioral healthcare at Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Funeral services education at Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Community health at Tacoma Community College
- Teacher education at Yakima Valley College
Prior to the business meeting, the State Board will hold a study session in which members will hear statements of need for seven applied bachelor's degrees and an update from a committee on accessible technology oversight.
The study session and business meeting will be held at the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges office, Cascade conference room, 1300 Quince Street SE in Olympia. The State Board's full agenda and background materials are posted on the State Board's website.
Both meetings are open to the public.