The 2017-2020 Integrated Basic Education Skills and Training (I-BEST) Development and Expansion Allocation is intended to increase I-BEST enrollments at Washington state community and technical colleges by 120 full-time equivalent students (FTES) annually over the next three years, for a total of 360 FTES system-wide.
SBCTC will award funds annually to selected colleges for the three years of the funding cycle (FY18 through FY20).
SBCTC anticipates conducting another RFA for the next three-year funding cycle (FY21 through FY23), at which time all colleges will be invited to apply again. To be considered for funding for additional I-BEST expansion, colleges chosen for the first funding cycle must reapply at that time.
Use of Funds
I-BEST expansion funds may be used for the following:
- Develop, implement and scale new and existing professional-technical, professional-technical expansion, and academic I-BEST programs at Washington state community and technical colleges
- Increase access to I-BEST programming for underrepresented populations in high-demand occupations or academic transfer degree pathways
- Team teaching training and faculty planning
- Develop integrated/contextualized basic skills/developmental education and content areas
- Recruitment and navigational support
- Faculty salary
- Activities related to research, data collection, and effective educational techniques
- Tuition and any required student fees
July 14, 2017
|Application deadline||Aug. 10, 2017|
|Allocations begin||September 1, 2017|
|Interim Reports Due||September 15, 2018 & 2019|
|Final Report Due||September 15, 2020|
The following documents provide detailed information about how grant funds can be used, who can apply, the application process and deadlines.
Last Modified: 8/21/18 10:34 AM