Local Security Administrators (LSA)
Each college's Local Security Administrator (LSA) or ctcLink Security Lead is the primary point-of-contact for SBCTC’s Security team.
This role was necessary early in the deployment schedule, throughout the duration of the implementation, and post Go-Live.
- Complete user security requests by assigning users to predefined roles once approved by the college-defined authority, including onboarding, offboarding and position changes
- Provide oversight and documentation for audits
- Troubleshoot security issues that arise and support user questions
- Reset security answers for students and staff, unless there is designated staff in the HelpDesk for this task
- Serve a critical functional role in system updates, bundle, and PeopleTools updates
- The Security Lead will be involved with user acceptance testing (UAT) and will receive training from SBCTC during those processes.
- This role is necessary to handle access changes for staff and to help with auditing PeopleSoft Security.
Organizational placement recommendation
- Recommended to be in the IT or IT security department due to familiarity with permissions and security controls. It is also beneficial to have a neutral party when dealing with PeopleSoft audits.
Skills needed and/or developed
- Understanding of PeopleSoft security principles (page- and data-level permissions)
- Familiarity with User Profiles, Roles, and Permission Lists
- Exposure to security controls, information technology, and compliance
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to communicate ERP security-related concepts to both a highly technical audience and to business-oriented audience
- Intermediate experience level with MS-Excel
- Functional staff and college-designated security approvers will need an understanding of PeopleSoft security
Training & Skills
- ctcLink SBCTC training courses
- Core Microsoft, Excel, SQL
- Analytical and research skills courses
- Courses on best practice auditing procedures
- Oracle University training: PeopleSoft Security