Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) authorizes the Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) program. In the IELCE program, literacy, English Language Acquisition (ELA) and civics education must be delivered in combination with Integrated Education and Training (IET) activities, such as I-BEST.
An IELCE program serves English language learners who are adults, including professionals with degrees and credentials in their native countries.
In Washington state, IELCE program options include serving students in the following ways:
- I-BEST (student can be co-enrolled in HS 21+)
- I-BEST at Work
- Contextualized Instruction in an I-BEST Pathway
- Any IET that meets IELCE Requirements
- An IELCE navigator who engages in activities such as recruiting, enrolling, and providing ongoing wraparound support for English language learners in IELCE programs.
- IELCE Guidance Webinar, February 2018
- IELCE Grant Information
Last Modified: 7/30/18 11:38 AM