Process to Add or Adopt an Already-Approved Professional-Technical Common Course Numbering (PTCCN) Course
Colleges may add one or more PTCCN courses at any point.
- Review existing PTCCN courses on the PTCCN Matrix.
- College contacts the WEC Chair expressing intent to adopt an existing PTCCN course. The WEC Chair will refer the college to the PTCCN Standing Committee. This is an informational — not an approval — step. No approval action is required for a college to adopt a PTCCN course.
- College seeks approval to adopt or add the course(s) through its established process. The common elements that constitute the PTCCN course may not be changed.
- The college will provide a Program Approval Request (PAR) when appropriate.
- The college will inform the WEC Standing Committee of the course adoption.
- The WEC Chair will notify the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) of the new college's adoption of the PTCCN course and it will be added to the matrix.
- When the PAR is required and has been approved, SBCTC staff will update the PTCCN Matrix.
- The college will add approved PTCCN common course(s) to its college course catalogs.
NOTE: Approval or adoption of individual courses does not change the PAR process.
Professional-Technical Common Course Numbering Course Matrix
PTCCN courses are designated by the first 4 letters of the department/division, the capital letter "C" and the 3-digit course number (e.g. AUTOC 135).
- Searchable PTCCN course matrix will be available soon
PTCCN Processes and Forms
Last Modified: 12/21/17 2:55 PM