Process to Add or Adopt an Already-Approved Professional-Technical Common Course(P/TCC)
Colleges may add one or more P/TCCs at any point.
- Review existing P/TCCs on the P/TCC Matrix.
- College contacts the WEC Chair expressing intent to adopt an existing P/TCC. The WEC
Chair will refer the college to the P/TCC Subcommittee.
This is an informational — not an approval — step. No approval action is required for a college to adopt a P/TCC.
- College seeks approval to adopt or add the course(s) through its established process. The common elements that constitute the P/TCC may not be changed.
- The college will provide a Program Approval Request (PAR) when appropriate.
- The college will inform the WEC Subcommittee of the course adoption.
- The WEC Chair will notify the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) of the new college's adoption of the P/TCC and it will be added to the matrix.
- When the PAR is required and has been approved, SBCTC staff will update the P/TCC Matrix.
- The college will add approved P/TCC(s) to its college course catalogs.
NOTE: Approval or adoption of individual courses does not change the PAR process.
Professional-Technical Common Course Matrix
P/TCCs are designated by the first 4 letters of the department/division, the ampersand symbol "&" and the 3-digit course number (e.g. AUTO& 135).
Last Modified: 7/10/19 1:44 PM